Do you have dark circles under your eyes? Perhaps you have had little sleep of late, and you are blaming it on the black patches. You are right, but partially so. Lack of sleep is not the only thing that will make your skin to appear dark, red, or purple.
Other things cause the dark under your eye. Allergies, make up, and sunburn can also contribute. It can even be genetic.
But whatever the cause,
I will show you how to get rid of dark under-eye circles using two home remedies. They are cheap and readily available. They could be in your kitchen right now.
Raw Potato juice
Raw potatoes have natural bleaching properties because they contain an enzyme called catecholase. So when used raw, they help to lighten the skin naturally. They can also reduce puffiness around your eyes. Rinse your face with fresh potato juice for the best results.
How to use raw potato juice
- Grate a few chilled potatoes to extract the juice.
- Take a cotton ball and soak it in the fluid.
- Place the soaked cotton ball on your closed eyes.
- Make sure the liquid covers the dark circles entirely.
- Let the juice to sit for about 15 minutes
- Rinse your eyelids with cold water.
- Repeat the process once or twice daily for 2–3 weeks
Tomatoes are great for your skin. They have a cooling effect. Tomatoes can cause the skin cells and other body tissues to contract.
They are rich in vitamin C, which eliminates acne and brightens dull skin. As if that is not enough, tomatoes contain Vitamin A — a vitamin that the body needs for healthy skin. On top of that, tomatoes are acidic, meaning they help balance the skin and remove excess oil.
A tomato and lemon juice combo is a very useful skin brightener and lightener.
Besides Vitamin C and citric acid, lemons have antibacterial properties.
How to use fresh tomato juice
- Take a bright red tomato and wash it properly.
- Remove its top part and scoop out the flesh.
- Crush the tomato flesh with a fork, spoon, or tomato blender
- Add one teaspoon of tomato juice to 11/2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Gently apply the mixture to your dark eye circles
- Allow it to sit for 10 minutes
- Rinse it off thoroughly with cold water.
- Repeat this remedy twice a day for 2–3 weeks and see the beautiful results.
Don’t go far and wide to look for remedies to your black eye circles. Natural resources are right there with you. Use them.